Sunday, April 27, 2014

Lemon Cake

Hi All,
I have no pic for this....I'll search my archives and try to come up with one.... so use your imagination for now.

12" Dutch Oven
Serves 12-15

Ingredients: 
1 Regular yellow cake mix
1 3 oz. package lemon jello (I debated ...pudding or gelatin...I use pudding)
3/4 cup salad oil
3/4 cup water
 4 eggs

Line D.O. with foil, lightly spray with cooking spray. Mix dry Jello with cake mix, add the other ingredients and beat into a batter. Pour the batter into the d.o. and bake with coals on top and bottom for 15 minutes. Finish baking with coals just on the lid about 15 minutes more. When done, wait 5 minutes, then prick all over the top of cake with a fork and pour icing over cake. Or....bake in oven 375* til done.

Icing:
2 cups powdered sugar
Juice of 2 lemons or 4-5 Tablespoons bottled lemon juice

No comments:

Post a Comment